11.26.2013

jordan drinks tab


Enjoying refreshing TaB's while indulging in some really good and really bad television.

Mom and HIMYM gave for some laughs, Hostages wasn't as hostage-y as Almost Human and I gave Getting On a shot.



I knew the rhyming was coming. And apparently the consensus is that it brings on a headache. And it did. At least we're not in the bed and breakfast. I liked all of the individual flashbacks, especially Van Der Beek. He is always a high light and I'm happy his hairline is back to normal. I was kind of hoping that Marshall would meet the mother on the bus even though that makes no sense with the story.

I'm glad we're getting to the meat of Hostages now. You can tell that Ellen is starting to warm up to her captor which can be good and bad. Makes me wonder how her mind is going to change. A lot of interesting developments in this one: finding Nina's birth mom, Not-Nikita has a kid?, Boyd's dad showing up and apologizing. Could go anywhere now.

Can I get a Janney? Please? She is the best part of Mom and now I want one. Well until she turns into a felon. But up until that point she was really helping out the family and that was nice. Of course the pregnant kid is going to become a born again now, doesn't that just make sense?

And another hostage situation on Almost Human. I want to like this show like everyone else but I'm finding it hard to keep my interest. I'll give it a few more, but the story is definitely intriguing, maybe it's just me? That being said I remember hostages and that's mainly it. I'm sorry, I fail. I do remember a significant amount of Elton John and discussions about his real name.

So Sunday night a show called Getting On premiered and all I've heard is praise via the internet so here I am (last time this happened I binge watched Orange Is The New Black so I figured why not). It was dry and crass and amazing. I love the idea of Grey's Anatomy set in an older folks unit. Aunt Jackie is terrifying and Alex Borstein really has a talent that I feel is often overshadowed so good for her. I really am on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...