10.17.2013

i will just call this post the shinning because i also do not want to get sued

It is no surprise that The Shining is my favorite movie. What I love almost as much as the movie itself is all of the references out there within movies and television. Here is my list of some of the best of them.

As written recently here, small obsession with Treehouse of Horror, and probably the best of all-time is The Shinning. Obviously a classic and deserved it's out shout out so moving on...

I don't watch Supernatural. I'm sorry. Doxey watches Supernatural so I am sure at some point I will get there. One thing I am aware of regarding the series is their multiple references to The Shining. Just a few of my favorites that are a little more thought out than just dialogue: A not so obvious reference to the nearest city of Sidewinder, a few apartment/room numbers being 237, and basically the entire season 2 episode Playthings. Seriously, why am I not watching this again?

Sid's carpet in Toy Story looks a bit familiar.


via

The South Park episode A Nightmare on Facetime loosely follows the plot of the movie where Stan's family purchases an abandoned Blockbuster video only for Stan's dad to be haunted by ghosts and turn into a Jack Torrence-y like maniac.


via

One of my favorites is so extremely subtle I did not catch it until the re-watch. Breaking Bad pays a small tribute in season 3. The Salamanca twins murder a police officer with an axe. Minutes before on the police radio you hear a call to KDK-12, the same call letters of the Overlook Hotel.


This 30 Seconds to Mars music video.



Gilmore Girls has five of them (and also has my heart). Mainly verbiage including axes, "here's Johnny" and crazy people.

Crawl Space, one of the earlier episodes of one of the best animated shows ever Bob's Burgers, takes place in a crawl space. Obviously. But with Bob being trapped within the crawl space he starts to hallucinate...about a bar...


PHOTO FROM MY NETFLIX.

And probably the most well-known from Friends.



And this photo because hello obviously.


via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...