9.18.2013

i will probably never be an adult and why i love fall television kickoff time


Photo of TAB on Supernatural sent to me via Michael Doxey, surprisingly a show I do not watch.

This morning my number one priority on the way to work was to check Hulu and see what television was on last night. Honestly. That and if I could imagine actually putting butter in my coffee like my dear new friend Olivia swore by. Tried it, enjoyed it, but I do like my hazelnut. Why do I have to make decisions?

Speaking of decisions, I figured, while on Hulu, that I would give Dads a shot. Bad decision. It was not good. Damn you, Seth MacFarlane I truly had high hopes. GIOVANNI RIBISI. Need I say more? You disappoint me Ribisi. Make better choices.

The anxiety that fall television puts on me is palpable. I have to start planning out all the crap I watch in hopes that I don't get too far behind and can take the time to enjoy.

Did you know that Grey's Anatomy has been on the air my entire adult life? That's insane to me. It's like my entire adult life is ending? But it's not, obviously, but that show premiered when I was eighteen and here we are, the final season (at least I'm told). I feel like that warrants some sort of tribute from me.

The only new show I think I'll be able to handle is the one with Michael J. Fox. I do adore him but I also adore Betsy Brandt and her character on Breaking Bad. Though only recently, Marie was painful to watch in the beginning. And don't get me started on Breaking Bad. As soon as it ends I'm sure they'll be some weepy post about how giant of a void there will be left in my heart. I don't do well with goodbyes, either, you saw me with Six Feet Under, even the second time around hurt me. Badly.

This time of year can be a time of great joy and sadness. With all of the newer shows testing the network waters only for the majority of them to be cancelled anyway. You learn to love them and then suddenly they're ripped from you (even if its been two years, RIP Smash). Shows you love (see above) are ending that have been on since you've been able to vote. Sometimes I just don't want to think about it. But either way, fall television season is such a lovely season.

However, I feel like planning out my viewings and caring this much about them is a less than adult decision. I should be more worried about world famine, healthcare and my taxes, right? I am. A little bit. But yes, I do care about the fact that the little dude from Glee has passed and it's going to be a giant sobfest when that one returns. My feelings about the subject are genuine, even if they probably shouldn't be.

And with that being said, it's about time to fall asleep to some Frasier.

Rant. This post really has no point. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...